How to export - import an Animal

A european regulation supervises any movements of domestic carnivorous (dogs, cats, ferrets) in order to limit animal diseases.

If you travel to France or EU with your animal, you should be able to justify that your animal responds to every sanitary conditions imposed by the EU, in particular
- identification by microchip or tattoo;
- certificate of anti-rabies vaccination;
- international certificate of good health.

Two certificates have to be filled : the veterinary certificate and the sanitary certificate.

For more information please contact Thelma Venter
Tel: 021 559 6676
Cell: 0833207278

Or contact the Department of Agriculture in France at the following e-mail address or the Department of Customs at

publié le 10/02/2015

top of the page