Local regulations require you to lodge a formal declaration of death with the local authorities. In the event of the death of a French national or the spouse of a French national, the Consulate with territorial jurisdiction may establish the transcription of the local death certificate. This transcription is not mandatory, but it is highly recommended as it allows for the endorsement of death to be attached to the French birth certificate of the deceased.
To carry out this step, you must present yourself at the Consulate with the following documents:
- Proof of French nationality of the deceased:
- consular registration card and passport, or
- valid national identity card, or
- certificate of French nationality.
- Family record book, or, failing that, birth certificate.
- Copy of the original death certificate.
To schedule an appointment contact us on : email@example.com. Please note that appointments can only be booked by email.